Overview : The Joby Gorillapod Focus is an ultra-versatile mini-tripod (or grip) that was designed for use with large pro SLR cameras with large zoom lens attached, or with prosumer level camcorders (max. load capacity of 11 lbs/5kg). The Gorillapod Focus allows you to achieve the stability of a standard tripod, but at a fraction of the size and weight. The three multi-segmented flexible legs can be formed to grip almost any protrusion, be it a branch, doorknob, rock, or uneven surface.
Its sockets are machined from sturdy aluminum, with anodized gunmetal finish. Each of the joints can bend and rotate 360°, to wrap around objects. The bottom rubber segment on the legs is larger to allow it to be used in the traditional way.
- Sturdier aluminum-reinforced sockets support professional equipment and help you get a steady shot in virtually any environment.
- Flexible joints bend and rotate 360° to form the perfect shape. High-quality, injection-molded plastic ensures snug joints that stay firm.
- Rubberized ring & foot grips provide extra gripping power to grapple wherever you want to go.
- Bigger and better means you can shoot with heavier cameras, lenses and video camcorders up to 11 pounds.
- Adapter screw allows you to mount both the standard 1/4-inch cameras and other 3/8-inch professional cameras, tripod heads and video cameras.