Adorama offers the Sigma 30mm f/1.4 EX DC HSM Autofocus Lens for Canon, model no. 300101, Nikon, model no. 300306, Pentax, model no. 300109, Sigma, model no. 300110, or Sony, model no. 300205, for $289 with free shipping. It features a hybrid aspherical lens, and more.
Of note, B&H Photo-Video also offers it for for Canon, model no. 300101, Sony, model no. 300205, Nikon, model no. 300306, Pentax, model no. 300109, or Sigma, model no. 300110, for $289 with free shipping.
Overview : Feel the Difference™ and capture better photos with more control and less fatigue. The ProDot's textured surface and raised button-padding allows for a more ergonomic feel and an instant improvement to the most critical engagement point of the camera, its shutter button.
The Custom SLR ProDot is available in low-profile black, high-visibility red, and clear color face. Applies easily to any clean flat surface with a residue-free adhesive.
- Improves shooting comfort and reduces finger fatigue
- Vibration-free material
- Tactile traction pads for better grip
- Compatible with most cameras and media devices
Big savings on selected Canon DSLR bundles and lenses/Speedlites. First, Canon EOS 60D body only and bundles are on sale starting with $200 in instant savings! Deal expires 1/26/13.
Next, B&H has additional sales and savings on selected Canon DSLRs and lens bundles. The offer expires 2/2/13. Select a lens, then select a Canon DSLR, and then see how much you can save! Savings can go up to $450 for the EOS 7D and 60D, up to $400 for the EOS 5D Mark III and Mark II.
There's more savings on selected lenses and Speedlites. The image above is just a few lenses. There are a lot more here.
Amazon has the Vivitar VPT-1250 Aluminum Camera Tripod with Level for $7 with free shipping on $25. Features 3-way, 360-degree swivel pan head, adjustable tilt controls, adjustable pan controls, bubble level indicator.
Overview : The Canless Air System O2 Hurricane Industrial Unit is one of the most powerful cordless electronic air duster on the market. It features all of the benefits of Canless standard model, but it contains a larger battery which results in air speeds of over 200 mph. Each charge is equal to 25 cans of air and over the life of the product you will get the equivalent of 10,000 cans of air.
The O2 Hurricane Industrial is perfect for companies and professionals who use canned air on a daily basis for heavy duty cleaning. This model can replace canned air in close to 100% of situations.
- Produces an incredible blast of air at over 200 MPH and runs for over 12 minutes straight (Industrial Unit); 160 MPH and runs for over 15 minutes straight (Original O2 Hurricane).
- Can be charged over 500 times, equaling over 1,000 cans of air.
- Designed for corporate and IT department use.
- Ideal for light to extremely heavy cleaning applications.
- Great for cleaning large computers, server rooms, camera lenses and mirrors, high end medical equipment, displays in retails stores, IT departments, complex circuit boards, and so much more.
|Dust Donut installed on the Canon 60D with EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS lens|
- Nearly 75% of lenses available on the Canon EF lens mount lack any form of weather sealing
- All users whether professional, amateur, or anywhere in between are vulnerable to dust and moisture entering their camera's sensor cavity and lens optics during use regardless of the operating environment
- There currently is no way for a photographer to add weather sealing of any kind to the mount of their lenses without the use of bulky and cumbersome rain covers
- Interchangeable lens cameras require frequent and time consuming sensor cleaning due to dust build up
- Dust particles can also penetrate the lens and collect between its optics and cause resolution loss and negatively effect the resale value of the lens
- Moisture can easily pass through an unsealed lens mount and condense on the optics causing haze and the growth of fungus
What about Nikon, Olympus and Sony users who are interested in the Dust Donut? There is a pledge tier for $3 or more where you can get yourself on a priority mailing list for the future versions of Dust Donut that are in development. Pentax users seem to be picking up steam and may be on the list as well.
There's not much too choose from in the pledge tier that is "affordable" except for the ones I mentioned above. The early bird special was $15 which has since been sold out. The other tier is a whopping $600 that includes a tour in a 4-wheel drive vehicle of Joshua Tree National Park in California given by the creator of the Dust Donut, Tyler Sterbentz. You'll be taking scenic shots, starry skies and end the night having steak at a restaurant. Oh, flight and hotel is not included but he'll drive you to the airport and give you a set of Dust Donut's for all the lenses in your bag ;).
It would be nice if there was another pledge tier where if you bought more than 1, there would be a slight discount or even maybe a colored version. Instead of black, it could be Canon red to match the L lenses or yellow for Nikon colors or even green as limited edition Kickstarter version.
Continue reading for more information as well as what lenses the Dust Donut is compatible with.
The BRNO dri+Cap dehumidifying system will protect your lenses from fungus and is available for Canon and Nikon mount: the kit costs $44.99, single lens or body cap sell for $23.99 (B&H Photo / Adorama). The cap holds replaceable silica gel for absorbing the moisture that can lead to fungus or mold. The caps also minimize condensation build-up. Each silica gel changes color from orange to green when it needs to be changed. The caps will maintain the optimum relative humidity (RH) of 35% to 45%.
Overview : FocusMaker™ is an invaluable focusing tool for any DSLR filmmaker.
It serves both as a simple and easy to use follow focus system, as well as a device for making long travel rack focusing consistent, smooth and fast at very high accuracy. It fits on virtually any DLSR lens and provides unmatched accurate overview of your focus points. Its flexible ergonomics allow smooth operation with less fatique and camera jitter.
- Simplicity — It attaches and removes in a snap. No need for heavy rigs or other gear
- Control — Easy to manage from behind the camera with a clear and accurate view
- Precise — Connects directly to your lens - no gears or coupling - highly accurate end stops
- Portable — Ultra lightweight, bring it anywhere
- Independence — No crew or gear needed - go by yourself
- Affordable — The most affordable tool to achieve highly accurate repeatable rack focus
- Flexibility — It fits just about any DSLR lens on any camera
Mercury Magazines offers an American Photo Magazine 1-Year Subscription (6 issues) for free in exchange for information about you and your company. Only "qualified" individuals are eligible.
You can enter any information about your "company".
Overview : Dolica's 62" Aluminum Proline Tripod is ideal for both indoor and outdoor photography. It is perfect for events, sports activity, capturing that one amazing shot. Designed for use with Point-N-Shoot cameras and/or Digital SLR cameras.
- 62" Aluminum Proline Tripod is ideal for both indoor and outdoor photography
- Ball head, quick release plate and integrated tripod bubble level and compass
- Base thread: 3/8"
- Support up to 13.2 lbs
- Quick release leg locks and non-slip rubber feet with retractable spike
- 90 degree vertical platform
- Standard-wide angle, semi-wide angle, full-wide angle
- Rapid stabile center column
- Reversible locking center column
- Durable flip leg locks
- Closed cell NBR grips
- 3-position leg angle adjustment locks
- Counter weight hook
Adorama offers the Spinlight 360 Extreme Modular Shoe Mount Flash System for $99 with free shipping. This lighting system is compatible with the Nikon SB-600, Nikon SB-700, Nikon SB-800, Nikon SB-900, Nikon SB-910, Canon 580EX II, Canon 580EX, Canon Speedlite 600EX-RT, Canon 480EX II, and Sony HVL-F58AM flashes, as well as other flashes of similar size.
We have ours and have been playing with it and should have our full review available soon.
Our friends at Think Tank Photo announced that a new product line, the Sub Urban Disguise, and a revision to its highly popular multi-function camera bag, the Change-Up V2.0, will be available in February.
The Sub Urban Disguise will be available in four sizes. Their features include a flip-top lid that folds away from the body to provide quick and unencumbered access to gear. The series meets the high-quality design standards of the original Think Tank Urban Disguise® series, but for smaller gear or photographers who want to travel light.
- The Sub Urban™ Disguise 5 holds a regular size DSLRs with one to two small telephotos or primes, or a D700 with a 18-200 attached. It also accommodates Micro 4/3rds, Leica and Sony NEX systems. Great for Strobists as it fits two to three pro-size flashes.
- The Sub Urban™ Disguise 10 holds a regular size DSLRs with two to three small telephotos or primes, or a D700 with a 18-200 attached. It also fits three pro-size flashes.
- The Sub Urban™ Disguise 20 holds regular size DSLRs with three to four small telephotos or primes or a D700 with a 18-200 attached. It fits four to five pro-size flashes.
- The Sub Urban™ Disguise 30 fits a regular size DSLR and two to four standard telephoto lenses, or a D700 with a 24-70 2.8 attached. It can also hold an iPad or similarly-sized tablet.
Continue reading for full press release on both bags.
Look at what we got in the mail from our good friends at Custom SLR. A bunch of their new ProDot. We posted the press release a couple of weeks ago and had a chance to play with it at PhotoPlus Expo 2012 before it was even kickstarted on KickStarter. Ever since PhotoPlus, we've been waiting for it and now that it's finally available, we'll have a full review on this in the coming weeks.
Wondering if we're going to be using all of these for ourselves? Nope. So what are we going to do with these? Good question because we're going to be running a contest (soon), giving you a chance to win a brand new Custom SLR ProDot. Each package comes with two (2) ProDots and is available in black, red and white.
Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Google+ for the latest news and reviews.
Nikon officially announced the Nikon 1 J3, S1 mirrorless cameras, two new Nikon 1 lenses, a new underwater camera case WP-N2 and two new Coolpix cameras.
The Nikon 1 J3 camera with the 10-30mm lens will be available in February 2013 for the suggested retail price (SRP) of $599.95. Additionally, the Nikon 1 S1 camera with the 11-27.5mm lens will be available in February 2013 for the suggested retail price (SRP) of $499.95. To match consumers' personalities and creativity, the J3 will come in a variety of stylish colors including White, Black, Silver, Burgundy and Beige, while the S1 will come in White, Black, Red, Pink and Khaki.
The two 1 NIKKOR lenses, the 1 NIKKOR VR 6.7-13mm f/3.5-5.6 and 1 NIKKOR VR 10-100mm f/4-5.6, will have suggested retail prices (SRP) of $499.95 and $549.95, respectively. The new WP-N2, the underwater case for either the Nikon 1 J3 or the Nikon 1 S1, will be available in February 2013 and will have a suggested retail price (SRP) of $749.95.
- Nikon 1 J3 - Amazon, B&H Photo
- 1 Nikkor VR 6.7-13mm f/3.5-5.6 - Amazon, B&H Photo
- 1 Nikkor VR 10-100mm f/4-5.6 - Amazon, B&H Photo
- Nikon 1 S1 - Amazon, B&H Photo
The PowerShot made for fun! The Canon PowerShot N is a compact camera with a tilting touch screen, a 12MP sensor, Digic 5 CPU and an 8x zoom. It also has WiFi connectivity so you can upload pics and videos to your favorite social network, or to your smartphone.
The PowerShot N is available in black and white. It'll retail for $299.99 and will be available in April 2013. You can preorder it from Amazon, B&H and Adorama.
Continue reading for full press release about the Canon PowerShot N.
Labels: press release