Our friends at Think Tank have just released a new rolling camera bag and a drone backpack. Designed for traveling on commuter or regional jets, the new Airport Advantage rolling camera bag’s customized interior holds the maximum amount of gear that will fit in overhead bins or under seats. In addition, its ultralight design lets you pack more gear while staying under airlines’ increasingly vigilant weight restrictions. And, you can now carry your 3DR Solo, 15” laptop, controller, GoPros, charger, spare rotors, extra batteries, jacket, tools, and more in a robust and yet lightweight new backpack, the Airport Helipak for 3DR Solo. Unlike rigid hard cases that lack extra carrying capacity and comfort, this new backpack is designed for 3DR drone enthusiasts who want to be able to carry all of their gear with them all the time.
As always, with my special partnership with Think Tank you will receive free gear with your orders and free shipping.
Think Tank Photo’s New Airport Advantage Carry On Rolling Camera Bag Fits Commuter and Regional Aircraft
Santa Rosa, Calif. – One of the truths of air travel with camera gear is that the maximum amount of gear photographers can carry is limited by the smallest plane on which they’ll be traveling. In response, Think Tank Photo has released the Airport Advantage rolling camera bag. Designed for traveling on commuter or regional jets, the bag’s customized interior holds the maximum amount of gear that will fit in overhead bins or under seats. In addition, its ultralight design lets photographers pack more gear while staying under airlines’ increasingly vigilant weight restrictions.
“The Airport Advantage has all of the features and quality for which Think Tank’s larger rolling camera bags are renowned,” said Doug Murdoch, Think Tank’s CEO and lead designer. “With this, our smallest rolling camera bag, we help photographers solve one of their biggest headaches, which is how to keep their very expensive gear near them at all times on regional aircraft, as opposed to it being tossed into the hold.”
- Meets U.S. and International airline carry on requirements
- Weighs only 5.9 lbs. (2.7 kg)
- Dedicated laptop pocket fits up to 15” laptops in a padded sleeve
- Custom designed retractable handle with inset channel on aluminum tubing for adds strength and durability
- Tripod mount and water bottle pocket on side (Additional straps included for larger tripods)
- YKK RC Fuse zippers, and closed-cell PU foam are the highest quality materials in the industry
- Fit two camera bodies with lenses attached
- Lockable zipper sliders (lock not included)
- Interior zippered pockets for batteries, CF cards, filters and accessories
- User replaceable retractable handle, wheels, wheel housings, and front foot
- Custom-designed, high-performance, 80 mm super quiet wheels with sealed bearings
- Seam-sealed rain cover included
- Grab handles on three sides for lifting bag into overhead bins
- Closed-cell foam dividers support heavy gear and maintain strength over time
- Business card holder on top for identification
- Gripped DSLR with lens attached, one standard size DSLR with lens attached, plus three to four additional lenses, and 15” laptop
- Or, two gripped DSLRs with lenses detached plus three to four lenses
- Or, two Mirrorless bodies with lots of lenses
Exterior: For superior water-resistance, all exterior fabric has a durable water repellent (DWR) coating, plus underside of fabric has a polyurethane coating. The Airport Advantage is also constructed with 420D velocity nylon, YKK® RC Fuse (abrasion-resistant) zippers, custom designed extra tall skid plates, high performance 80mm super quiet wheels with sealed bearings, rubberized laminate reinforcement, and 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
Interior: 210D silver-toned nylon, polyurethane-backed Velex liner and dividers; closed-cell foam and reinforced PE board dividers; 2x polyurethane coated nylon 210T seam-sealed taffeta rain cover; nylon binding; 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
- Interior Dimensions: 12” W x 18” H x 4.9 – 6.4” D (30.5 x 45.7 x 12.4–16.3 cm)
- Exterior Dimensions: 12.7” W x 19.5” H x 7.3” D (32.3 x 49.5 x 18.5 cm)
- Laptop Compartment: 11.6” x 16.4” x 2.9” (29.5 x 41.6 x 7.4 cm)
- Weight: 5.9 - 6.2 lbs. (2.7-2.8 kg)
Think Tank Photo’s New Lightweight Airport Helipak for 3DR Solo Offers Maximum Capacity, Comfort and Portability
Santa Rosa, Calif. – Drone users can now carry their 3DR Solo, 15” laptop, controller, GoPros, charger, spare rotors, extra batteries, jacket, tools, and more in a robust and yet lightweight new backpack, the Airport Helipak for 3DR Solo from Think Tank Photo. Unlike rigid hard cases that lack extra carrying capacity and comfort, this new backpack is designed for 3DR drone enthusiasts who want to be able to carry all of their gear with them all the time.
“The number one complaint of drone users about their bags is that, after just a few hours, their bodies are rebelling from the pain,” said Doug Murdoch, Think Tank’s CEO and lead designer. “For a decade we’ve released photography and outdoor backpacks designed to hold expensive and extremely heavy photographic equipment. The very same principles we used for them have been integrated into the Airport Helipak for 3DR Solo backpack. Now they can venture deep afield with all of their gear and no concerns about comfort.”
- Custom divider set specifically designed for the 3DR Solo and allows you to reconfigure your bag depending on what gear you’re carrying
- International and domestic carry on size compatible
- Dedicated 15” laptop pocket
- Protective, lightweight and very portable
- YKK RC Fuse zippers, 1680D Ballistic nylon bottom panel, metal hardware, and nylon webbing are the most durable, long lasting materials on the market
- Protective rotor thread caps included
- Internal see-through mesh pockets for small accessories: rotor blades, screwdriver, cables, etc.
- Water bottle pocket on side
- Contoured adjustable harness with lumbar support articulated air-channel and removable padded waistbelt allowing travel into remote areas
- Height adjustable sternum strap
- Elastic pockets on shoulder strap for phone, cliff bar, goo pack, etc.
- Robust handles to ensure rapid and easy retrieval from overhead bins, car trunks, etc.
- Seam-sealed rain cover helps to protect your gear. Stows away inside backpack when not in use.
Exterior: For superior water-resistance, all exterior fabric has a durable water-repellant (DWR) coating, plus the underside of the fabric has a polyurethane coating. The backpack also has YKK® RC Fuse (abrasion-resistant) zippers, 1680D ballistic nylon bottom panel, 600D polyester, 420D velocity nylon, 3D air mesh, ultra-stretch pockets, Y-buckles, antique finish metal hardware, big hole air mesh, nylon webbing, and 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
Interior: Removable closed-cell foam dividers, 210D silver-toned nylon, polyurethane-backed velex liner, 2x polyurethane coated nylon 210T seam-sealed rain cover, Belly-O mesh pockets, and 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
- Exterior Dimensions: 14” W x 20.5” H x 9” D (35.6 × 52.1 × 22.9 cm)
- Interior Dimensions: 13” W x 18.8” H x 7.6” D (33 × 47.8 × 19.3 cm)
- Laptop: 11.8” W x 17.3” H x 1.4” D (30 × 44 × 3.5 cm)
- Weight (with all accessories): 4.6 lbs. (2.1 kg)