One of the most popular/visited reviews on our site is the JJC EC-6 Eyepiece Eg Extender. If you're not familiar with the eyepiece extender, it extends the eyecup 5/8" (15mm) from the camera body. This is useful for eyeglass wearers and others to keep the tip of the nose from touching the camera screen. Canon does make their own EP-EX15 and EP-EX15 II eyepiece extender but they don't fit any of the more recent EOS cameras.
We have been getting emails on where the aftermarket eyepiece extender can be purchased from. Unfortunately, they are discontinued and no longer being made even though the Canon eyecup (Eg) is still being used on current and new Canon cameras.
To help other photographers out who are searching for this extender, we have created a CAD file (from scratch) of the eyepiece extender which will allow us to print a 3D model of it. The 3D printed version is almost an exact duplicate of JJC version but with some slight improved modifications:
- Aftermarket : The 3rd party extender came with its own eyecup with a flat back which is slightly different from the Eg eyecup that comes with your camera.
- 3D Printed : Grooves were cut out so that the OEM (Eg) eyecup that came with the camera can be used. If you lost or need replacements, you can purchase from Amazon, B&H Photo and Adorama.
- Aftermarket : The 3rd party extender came with a cheap plastic lens to "help" magnify your view.
- 3D Printed : Sole purpose of this is to extend the eyecup so that your face is not near or touching the screen.
The eyepiece extender fits the following Canon EOS cameras that uses Eg eyecups:
- 7D - Amazon | B&H Photo | Adorama
- 7D Mark II - Amazon | B&H Photo | Adorama
- 5D Mark III - Amazon | B&H Photo | Adorama
- 5D Mark IV - Amazon | B&H Photo | Adorama
- 5DS - Amazon | B&H Photo | Adorama
- 5DS R - Amazon | B&H Photo | Adorama
- 1D C - Amazon | B&H Photo
- 1D Mark III
- 1D Mark IV
- 1D X - Amazon | B&H Photo | Adorama
- 1D X Mark II - Amazon | B&H Photo | Adorama
- 1Ds Mark III
Below are images of what the 3D printed item looks like (3D printed pieces may vary slightly):
(use mouse cursor to rotate image left and right)
Here are images of the 3D printed eyepiece extender on a Canon EOS camera.
7D/Mark II (pictured) — 5D Mark III/IV — 5DS/R
1D C — 1D Mark II/III — 1D X/Mark II (pictured) — 1Ds Mark III
OPTIONAL: If you want additional security, you can also use a piece of gaffers/electrical tape to secure the eyecup to the extender.
OVERVIEW / TEST FIT
In stock item(s) are shipped out within 1-2 business days after payment has been received and cleared. For any purchases of 3 or more, please contact us for discount (may require some additional time to print if not enough in stock).
If there are any questions, please contact us prior to purchasing.
PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK BY LEAVING A COMMENT BELOW. Thank you again for your business.
|US Shipping ONLY||International Shipping ONLY|
WE WILL SEND A SEPARATE INVOICE.
All shipping is handled by USPS.com. International shipping is delivered by local courier.
MAKE SURE YOUR ADDRESS IS CORRECT. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOST PACKAGES OR MIS-DELIVERED PACKAGES.
** ALL SALES FINAL. NO RETURNS. **
Keywords: 5D3, 5D Mark 3, 5D4, 5D Mark 4, 7D2, 7D Mark 2, 1DX, 1DX Mark 2