London-based VU Equipment has designed a simple and modern yet functional camera slingstrap. They call it the Slidestrap.
The Slidestrap has been designed to hold your camera ergonomically against your body, but enable you to bring your camera up to eye level without the need to adjust the strap in any way. Watch the video after the jump to see Slidestrap in action.
Benefits of Slidestrap:
- No adjustment needed between carrying the camera and taking a photo – just slide the camera up along the strap
- Anodized aircraft-grade aluminium mounting plate slides effortlessly along the strap when required, without having to release any fasteners
- Mounting plate ensures the lens faces down to avoid accidental knocks
- Premium, soft cotton shoulder strap is comfortable to wear
- Cross-body strap evenly distributes the weight of the camera
- Slidestrap fixes to any standard 1/4"-20 camera thread and the rubber pad stops the mounting plate from slipping
If you want more information or interested in pledging (pre-ordering) the Slidstrap, take a look at their Kickstarter campaign: