Thursday, December 11, 2014
We have teamed up with the good folks at Peak Design, offering you a chance to win either a Peak Design Sling Strap, Clutch Hand Strap or Anchor Links!
You can read our full review on any of the Peak Design products by clicking on the image below.
The contest is fairly easy – jump to any of the Rafflecopter widget below and complete as many of the tasks as you like for each prize. You don’t have to do everything to enter – you can pick and choose, do one, do two, or do all. The more you complete, the better your chances are, though. Contest ends 12/20/14 at 12:00AM EST. US Shipping only.
If you missed out on this contest, don't worry because you can also purchase any Peak Design products from Amazon, B&H Photo or Adorama.
You can also get 10% OFF on ALL Peak Design products when you purchase from peakdesignltd.com and enter coupon code "1kindphoto" when you checkout!
Ready to win? Good luck!
Thursday, December 4, 2014
Overview : The Gary Fong LightBlade Diffuser is designed to accommodate nearly all speedlight flashes. The new LightBlade Diffuser softens harsh light emitted from power-packed speedlights, minimizes shadows and reduces glare while creating more accurate skin tones. The portability and compact size of this combined bounce and shoot-through diffuser make it a perfect solution for event photography, portraits, interiors and product shots.
The LightBlade Diffuser is an ideal tool for photographers of all skill levels looking to create soft lighting for more flattering images. Attached using the Gary Fong patented strap and band mounting system, the LightBlade Diffuser mounts directly onto the flash head and is then secured with the included Gary Fong Velcro Cinch Strap. This allows photographers using the LightBlade Diffuser to conveniently shift shooting between a horizontal and vertical orientation without changing the light angle or having to remove the diffuser.
As technology develops and speedlights become increasingly less intimidating touse, speedlight photography is becoming exponentially popular, from novices to pros, photographers expect more freedom to shape their light, and Gary Fong is committed to providing just that. The versatility of the LightBlade Diffuser is sure to fit the many needs of photographers' shooting styles and selected gear.
- Softens harsh light, minimizing shadows and reducing glare, producing more accurate skin tones
- Utilizes bounce and shoot-through light
- Portable and compact size make it a perfect solution for event photography, portraits, interiors and product shots
- Compatible with a HUGE range of flash units
Friday, November 21, 2014
Overview : FlashQ is a 2.4GHz Wireless Flash Trigger. It is the smallest wireless flash trigger ever and the perfect companion to Mirrorless and Prosumer Cameras. It works well with big SLR camera. Make the off-camera flash lighting possible at any angles and unleash the creativity in photographers.
- Size: 25 x 25 x 15 mm
- 2.4GHz low-power digital radio
- 160 radio channels
- 20M operating range
- No TTL, up to 1/250 sync speed*
- Max. 900us X-sync latency (by FlashQ system)
- Tolerate Max. 300V port sync voltage (on FlashQ receiver)
- 3V voltage present on male hot shoe centre pin (on FlashQ transmitter)
- PC Sync cable (via Func. port) for studio strobes
- More than 100K fires for a battery life
- 6 months battery standby time
- LED indication: Green – operating; Red – triggering; Blue – pairing * On compatible cameras and flashes
Friday, November 7, 2014
Overview : All at your fingertips in a few seconds, thanks to the innovative organizer - made with a system of crossing elastic bands - which is the perfect solution to neatly arrange all the accessories that usually get lost inside the luggage.
All your devices at your fingertips in seconds! HPRCLight is the perfect solution when you travel with a hand luggage or a bag, and you need to reach all your accessories in one time. With HPRCLight your tablet, Kindle, earphones, cables, and battery charger will all be stored in one place!
When you are working outdoor and time is short, you need to access to your small items and accessories without having to look for them in your bags and cases: just arrange everything inside your HPRCLight.
Even if you are in your office, with HPRCLight you can avoid to forget your tablet, hard disk, business cards and more at home: all your small accessories and devices will be stored in one single place.
Enjoying your outdoor activities with all your electronic devices safely stored inside an HPRCLight case will leave you time to dedicate to your favorite sport. Place the case inside your backpack and concentrate on what you love to do.
- A handy magnetic opening system, combined with an outer elastic band, ensures a quick opening and secure closing.
- HPRCLight features an innovative organizer made with a system of crossing elastic bands: the perfect solution in order to neatly arrange all the accessories that usually get lost inside the luggage.
- External Dimensions - 270(mm) x 220(mm) x 80(mm)
- Internal Dimensions - 230(mm) x 180(mm) x 60(mm)
- External Dimensions - 370(mm) x 260(mm) x 80(mm)
- Internal Dimensions - 335(mm) x 220(mm) x 62(mm)
Monday, October 27, 2014
Overview : Flashgun Battery Power Pack for Speedlite/Speedlight flashes. The external flashgun battery pack improves flash recycle times significantly and increases the number of firings before batteries need to be replaced. It can be loaded with up to 8 AA-size batteries - alkaline, lithium, or Ni-MH - prior to a shoot to ensure fast and smooth transitions from one battery set to the next - important in critical shooting situations or to keep up momentum in the studio.
- TD-381 for Canon; TD-382 for Nikon (SB-900); TD-383 for Nikon (SB-800 & older); TD-384 for Sony
- It uses two groups of symmetrical charge system and have more stable charging voltage. It charges time twice as fast as any other battery pack.
- Flexible and convenient design. You can use 4 or 8 AA batteries freely.
- It uses a new charging method. You get a fastest recharge when using 8 AA batteries.
- It saves more than 25% power consumption in stand-by mode compared with other similar products.
Monday, October 13, 2014
Overview : We've combined our trademark shoulder leather pad and our quick adjust sliders from the Cinch with an all new offset camera mount. The result is the most stable carry a sling can provide.
- Trademark shoulder leather pad
- Quick adjust sliders from the Cinch
- All new offset camera mount
- Precision machined from 7075-T6 aluminum
- Quick adjustability
- 100% USA made
Wednesday, October 1, 2014
We were contacted by Ryan over at GoWorx who informed us about their new Kickstarter campaign. GoKnuckles looks exactly like brass knuckles (without the brass) and with a GoPro HERO attached to the top of it. The GoKnuckles lets you hold your GoPro HERO securely while still also allowing you to use your fingers to hold or grab stuff.
Through Kickstarter, the GoKnuckles is $15. It's $2 off the retail price of $17.00.
Continue reading for more information about the GoWorx GoKnuckles.
Sunday, September 28, 2014
Discount: As a follower of 1KIND Photography, you are eligible for a special 10% discount on ALL Peak Design products. Details are at the end of this review!
Overview : Got a camera neck strap that you absolutely love? Anchor Links will make it even better. Anchor Links are quick connectors that can be placed on the ends of any standard camera neck strap, giving it super-fast, uber secure quick-connection capability.
- Super strong. Each Vectran®-corded Anchor can withstand over 200 lbs. of force, strong enough for any pro rig. Each package includes 4 Anchors and 2 Links.
- Low-profile, lightweight and unobtrusive. Plus, the Delrin® Anchor disks will never scratch your camera body.
- Adaptable to any standard camera strap, from your brand new OEM strap to your Dad's vintage leather strap he used in college. Works with straps up to 12mm wide, which is a nearly-universal pro camera strap standard.
- The same connection system used on all Peak Design straps.