Overview : The Bebop Drone Quadcopter with 14 Megapixel Flight Camera from Parrot is a Wi-Fi-based, mobile device operated RC aircraft capable of capturing 1080p aerial video and taking 14 megapixel still photos. Avoiding the added weight and power consumption of a motorized gimbal, the camera - notably - features an electronic image stabilization system that relies on a 3-axis motion sensor and a 180° fisheye lens from which it crops an image.
The Bebop is controlled from an Android or iOS mobile device running the FreeFlight 3 App (see Parrot website for latest list of supported devices). In addition to letting you control the quadcopter, the app provides a real-time preview from the flight camera, and you can even record a low resolution feed directly on your device. For high res recording you can use the 8GB of built-in memory, or connect a USB storage device for increased capacity.
Two outdoor hulls are included, plus there is an "indoor hull" which is comprised of removable EPP prop guards. With the outdoor hull, the flight weight is reduced and the quadcopter is more aerodynamic. The Bebop Drone powers from a 1200mAh lithium-polymer (LiPo) battery, which is estimated to provide around 12 minutes of flying time. Two batteries and a charger are included in the box.
- Capture 1080p Video and 14MP Photos
- 3-Axis Sensor-Driven Image Stabilization
- Up to 984' Line-of-Sight Wi-Fi Range
- Linux-Based Flight Computer
- 8GB of On-Board Flash Memory
- Apps for iOS and Android Mobile Devices
- GPS-Enable Autopilot Functions
- Return Home and Emergency Landing Mode
- EPP Safety Hull Included for Indoor Use
- Compatible with Skycontroller System